Sunday, July 24, 2011

Just keep biking

So I am officially on Martha's Vineyard and on vacation. With the most athletic family in the world. This makes me feel horrible about myself. I have biked over 350 miles this summer, probably more than all of them combined, and I still can't keep up! They go about 15-16 mph while my normal pace is 13 mph. It's not even that my legs get tired or anything, I just can't sustain the pace. Who knows why.

But anyway, so we docked around 11 and walked to town to grab lunch, then biked into a different town and biked around and watched a shark being gutted and biked some more and then had a cook out and drank. A lot. I'm sure the alcohol alone would have pushed me over my calorie limit for the day.

After we were sufficiently sloshed we decided to walk into town to see the lighthouse. But it apparently wasn't turned on or something so we chilled in the grass for a while and then walked back.

All in all it was a satisfying day, minus my lack of athletic ability. It is so frustrating. Oh well, I'll just keep doing the best I can and try not to hate myself for things I have no control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment