Monday, July 18, 2011

NSV for me!

I've been using MFP for a solid week now and I'm still going strong. I'm [pleasantly] surprised that I've kept up with it, because based on my track record with exercising/dieting/ and even blogging, I have the tendency to pick things up, become obsessed with them, and drop them like old news after a short period of time.

This time, I'm determined that things should be a little different. I want to maintain this. No more binge dieting and exercising over the summer and then slacking in the winter. Now that I'm graduated, I have no excuse. I don't have Res to blame, I don't have my crazy hours, and frankly, I don't really have that much to do!

In the past few weeks, my routine has become:

8 to 12: work
12 to 1: lunch @ my apartment
1 to 4: work
4 to 6: go to the gym / go for a walk
6 to 9: eat dinner / watch a tv show
9 to 10: go for a 10 mile bike ride

I really really like this schedule. It works for me. I wish it didn't have to change, but summer is coming to a close and I will be kicked out of my sweet apartment / sweet life in a matter of weeks. This time, though, I must find a new sweet apartment, sweet life, and sweet routine to settle into, rather than let a hectic and highly caloric life take over!

--

I've been reading a lot of fitness blogs / sites - mostly for the purpose of viewing before and after weight loss pictures (a highly addicting guilty pleasure!) and kept seeing the initials "NSV". I assumed the V stood for victory, and it maybe meant "no small victory" or "nothing short of a victory" but never gave it too much thought.

Today I saw another post with NSV in the title and decided to figure out what it was. NSV apparently stands for "non-scale victory." Ironically enough, I had my own first NSV today. Tomorrow is going to be my second weigh-in since I weighed in last Wednesday at 158, so hopefully there WILL be a scale victory in there somewhere, too...but because I haven't stepped on the scale in almost a week, I have no way to measure my progress other than how I feel. And my NSV for the day is that I feel pretty damn good right now. Svelte, even. And most certainly tan (with an undertone of sunburn). The last three days spent working out over 90 minutes a day and eating (mostly) healthy foods coupled with a little R&R by the pool has really left me feeling enthusiastic about myself and my progress and my commitment to my fitness pal.

Scale, I hope you're listening, because I could use some reinforcement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment