Friday, July 22, 2011

Holy sodium, Batman!

Alright, so I'll start off by saying that I feel pretty guilty. I'll give you one guess as to why I feel guilty. I'm sure, given my rocky past of exercise and wagon-falling that you've guessed correctly: I've been bad.

Yesterday, I walked around the Emerald Square mall with Kate for an hour or so and then went to Panera and had a salad and soup and bread and had a free dessert reward on my Panera card, which I obvs had to use. I was planning on going on a bike ride when I got home, but that didn't happen. Laziness did.

Today, I thought I was going to bike the cape cod canal after work. Obviously it was way too hot to do such things, lest I die from heat stroke. Then I decided I would go to the gym instead. Until the university got the word that the air conditioning across campus must be turned off, due to immense power usage. And I remembered that the gym closes early on Friday. By the time I dragged myself home, it was already 4:30 and the gym closes at 5 on Fri anyway. That + the fact that it was eight million degrees and I had a headache prevented me from hitting it up.

So then I went to Target and got a large mocha coconut frappuccino, which I devoured like it was my last meal. Now I'm at Art's making kielbasa, black beans and rice, and brussel sprouts for dinner. It doesn't sound too terrible until I read the Zatarain's nutrition facts on the side (I wanted to get Lipton bb+r but Target didn't carry it :( ). The sodium in one cup of the concoction is worth 49% of your daily sodium intake. It is so salty it even SMELLS salty. Kielbasa also happens to be pretty salty. Yikes.

Today has been so full of fail. I had a fiber bar for breakfast, yogurt with fruit & nuts and greenbeans with cheese for lunch, and now this. Definitely over my calorie, sugar, and sodium intake for today. Ugh.

And now I'm off to Martha's Vineyard for vacation. Luckily, my bike is coming with me. She and I have a lot of work to do. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I won't undo all of the hard work I've put in so far while I'm away!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at Martha's Vineyard! You can always undo bad days, and honestly its so freaking hot I'm also not exercising! I think being pounded by hot wind while its 103 is more than enough exercise for the day. Remember your body needs care!

    ReplyDelete