Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 9: Hum for a blustery day

Today literally threw a damper on my over-zealous plans of running mad miles.
But, first: I am now the proud owner of these bad boys:
Saucony Grid Cohesion 3, $39.99 @ Dick's Sporting Goods
Much gratitude to the brassy Russian for helping me pick them out!
Back to today:
It was cold. 44 degrees. And wet. Raining on and off and on again. And windy. Oh, so windy! I was immediately reminded of Winnie the Pooh and his references to the weather being blustery. I find this description to be very fitting for the day.
So. Indeed, it was a blustery day. But this didn't stop our heroine from driving to Lloyd's and cinching a few miles under her belt!
First, I walked the Hardscrabble Trail Loop.
Then, I ran half of the West Swamp trail before my shins started acting up in addition to my calves groaning their protest.
I decided to finish Chaypee Trail at a brisk walking pace.
In total, I did 2.6 miles - which isn't great but isn't terrible, either.
I think I may have hit a bit of a wall for now. My body is obviously really unhappy with the amount of stress I'm putting on it.
For tomorrow, I am going to not only a) wear my new kicks, but I will also b) find some good calf stretches and c) do all of my mileage on the elliptical
On Friday, I am going to resumse with the Couch to 5 k plan and on Saturday, I may go back to Lloyd's.
I'm having a relatively easy time keeping on a work out schedule. I also think this blog has become great motivation for me to keep getting my work out on every single damn day. I feel like I have to do some form of exercise every day in order to have something to write about. I would be too disappointed in myself if I opted for a day of rest, though I'm sure I'll end up taking one at some point.
For now, I'm just going to keep on keeping on. I feel really good and [according to the brassy Russian] am starting to look pretty good. That's enough to keep me going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment