Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 10: work it

Today was a relatively painless day.

Met up with Olivia, did 2 miles on the elliptical and 1/2 mile of brisk walking at 2.0 incline on treadmill.

I made sure to stretch both before and after my workout. I didn't feel winded at all, nor did I have an issue with shin splints, so all's good in the hood!

I mixed things up musically this morning and listened to some good old Lady Gaga. Boy Meets World played in the background and the time slid by.

My new kicks are sweet and cushy, although my socks are a little on the large side and irritated me while on the elliptical. Speaking of which - is it just me, or do your feet start to go numb after an extended period of time on those things? I have to keep alternating forward and backward strokes, but I've come to the conclusion that I really just can't spend more than 30 minutes elliptical-ing away. It's very bizarre.

Annnd, here are two exercises that active.com recommends to prevent shin splints. Good stuff:

* Stand with your heels together and toes pointed out. Slowly raise up onto your toes and lower yourself back down. Repeat 10 times.

* Stand with your big toes together and heels apart. Slowly raise up on your toes then lower yourself back down. Repeat 10 times.

Does anyone else know of any other effective stretches?

No comments:

Post a Comment