Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 5: take a hike

My fave Russian went on a 40 mile bike ride the other day (and I'm supposed to keep up with her HOW?) and stumbled upon the Lloyd Center for the Environment in South Dartmouth. My girlfriend Addie and I decided to check it out and did two of the trails: West Swamp and Hardscrabble Farm Loop. They were surprisingly low-impact and short, though I still worked up a bit of a sweat. I'm not convinced we went 3.2 miles, but neither of us could figure out how to turn on my pedometer, so womp womp to that.

The scenery was really nice, though. It's only 15 minutes from campus (once summer comes, I definitely plan to bike there) and very foresty/swampy with some pretty views. I think next time I go, I may go by myself and do ALL of the trails, bringing my trusty iPod as a companion. I felt safe there, as the trails are all relatively close to the Visitor's Center, so I think it was great little find that will entertain me through the summer months.

Some of the trails are really really short, so hopefully I will get my pedometer up and running and do a bit of trail running, which would be interesting.

I feel like a huge slacker for not going to the gym yesterday or today, but I think it's really good that I actually DO feel guilty. I plan on going back to the gym tomorrow and really working it, hopefully meeting the under 45 minute goal I set for myself a few days ago.

My spirits are high and I'm feeling good! I'm also really happy to hear about the number of people who are following my blog. Thanks for being supportive, friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment