Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Of vices and virtue

Y'all should be proud. This girl right here has gotten up to go to the gym at 8 a.m. twice in the past five days. In type, that doesn't sound as impressive as I want it to be. But if you factor in that a) two of those days were weekend days and I wasn't around and b) one of those days was today, when I wasn't around...that means that I've exercised 100% of the time that I HAVE been around. There, that number sounds much more impressive, doesn't it?

So. The good news is that my new gym buddy is super motivated. He wants to meet even on days that I can't. Hopefully this enthusiasm is infectious. And hopefully, I'll catch it. But I must say that I'm pretty happy with this development. I feel like 8 is a much more reasonable time than 7. And going to the Maple Ridge gym, which is three minutes from my room and private, is much more pleasant than walking halfway around Ring Road to the main gym. All in all, the gym situation = win.

I'm tempting to do a modified version of the Couch to 5 K program I started up at the beginning of the summer. Because let's face it: every muscle I built up in those three months are completely gone by now. It's back to square one, baby.

On Friday, I: walked for 5 minutes, ran for 1 minute, walked for 3 minutes, ran for 1 minute alternately for 2 miles. I then ran out of time.

On Monday, I: did the same treadmill routine for 2 miles. Also squeezed in 1.2 miles on the elliptical.

Tomorrow's goal? 2 miles on the treadmill, 2 miles on the elliptical. We're getting somewhere.

But here's the bad news: Food for thought

Friday

Breakfast: 2 mini muffins (raisin and bran). 1 cup of mint tea.

Dinner: tofu with veggies. 1 piece of flatbread pizza with tomatoes and basil. 1 cup of clam chowder. 1 slice of vegan apple pie with low fat vanilla soft serve.

Saturday

Brunch: 1 cup of french onion soup. 1 bowl of salad with chicken, pears, gorgonzola, pecans, etc (at panera).

Dinner: SO. MANY. CUPCAKES (cupcake party).

After dinner: 1 80 calorie peach mango smoothie. 1 patron margarita.

Sunday

Lunch: 1 footlong roasted chicken breast sub. 1 cup of Cherry Coke.

Dinner: two servings of homemade mac'n'cheese. 2 maryland crab cakes. 1 caramel brownie with caramel vanilla ice cream.

Monday

Breakfast: 2 mini muffins (one banana nut, one raisin bran oat). 1 cup of mint tea. 1 green apple.

Dinner: 2 pieces of portuguese sausage / onion pizza. 2 cups of sake (plum wine).

Tuesday

Lunch: 3/4 of a chicken wrap. 1/2 serving of french fries. 1 cup of Diet Pepsi

Dinner: 1 cup of minestrone soup. 1 cup of honeydew melon and canteloupe. 1 pumpkin latte. 1/2 of a brownie

I wonder what weight watchers would say about all of this... I wonder how many points I have consumed per each day? Not that I'm willing to pay for it to find out.


So there you have it. All of my food-related trespasses laid out on the table. The weekend was awful for me, diet-wise. And the rest of this week isn't looking any better - what with all of the delicious pumpkin brews waiting to be consumed on Friday...

On a brighter note, I will definitely be hitting the gym at 8 a.m. tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment