Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mission : complete ?

So apparently getting sick and not eating helps you lose weight. Who knew?

I didn't end up exercising at all this week on account of some heavy-duty lethargy which turned into full-fledged exhaustion and other unpleasant symptoms including: fever, headache, chest ache, stomach pain, disorientation, dizziness and nausea. Suffice it to say, my weight has dropped by 8 pounds in the last 5 days.

Not the healthiest diet, but I'm okay with it.

Here is my food diary from the last couple of days:

Thursday
- 1 plate of pasta with clam strips
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of chocolate milk
- 1 chocolate cookie
- 1/2 cup of Gatorade
- 1/2 glass of Pinot Grigio
- 1 cube of dill cheese
- 2 cubes of pineaple

Friday
- 1/2 of a 100 calorie yogurt
- 1 piece of whole wheat toast with margarine
- 1 cup of raspberry tea

Saturday
- 1 bowl of cereal
- 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich
- 1 cup of low fat minestrone
- 2 oz of pistachio crusted salmon with lemon sauce
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of couscous
- 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream

Sunday
- 2 cups of chickarina soup
- 1 pumpkin spice latte
- 1/2 pumpkin muffin
- 1 grilled red pepper with goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of quinoa with portabella mushrooms, spinach and onions

So it's not like I was starving or anything, but my calorie intake was definitely lower than normal. And between 5 pm on Thursday and 10 am on Saturday, pretty much all I did was sleep.

I still feel fatigued, so I probably won't be hitting the gym this week. But it seems as though my appetite has retreated. In other words - I feel full after eating much less than I usually do. Which I am- again- okay with.

Perhaps I should change my goal: maintain the 8 pound weight loss and turn it into 10?

On a depressing note, my clothes seem to fit the same. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment