Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weight watching

I'm feeling about 90% better as of today, but there is still an undercurrent of fatigue in my bones and movements, which is irritating.

One of my friends is on Weight Watchers and has lost 30 pounds. I am SO proud of her and also pretty jealous. I wish I could lose 30 pounds. I wish I could stick with a regimented diet the way that she has. When she was talking about it, I briefly considered trying to count calories. However, I realize that this is totally unrealistic for me. I would cheat all the time and make justifications all the time. I already do that and I'm not even legitimately trying to diet.

I'm too lazy to exercise and too unmotivated to diet. What exactly are you doing then, Megan? I wonder. Writing about not exercising and dieting, apparently. And I suppose that knowing I have someone or something to answer to - knowing that people read my blog - holds me accountable in some way. I mean, how much do I want to attack that bag of garlic bagel chips eyeing me from across the room? SO BAD. Am I going to do it? No. Because it's 11:27 p.m. and I am making the conscious decision not to eat at night so I don't have to report extra failings on my Food for Thought.

The soda thing still needs some work, though. I just love diet pepsi. It's evil.

And to make myself feel a little better, I'm going to say that I might attempt to take on the gym with Olivia on Thursday morning, if only to justify the omelette I will consume shortly thereafter.

Speaking of omelettes....

Food for thought

Monday

Brunch: omelette with tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheddar cheese. 2 pancakes.

Dinner: 1/2 cup of chicken noodle soup. 1 square of vegetable lasagna. diet pepsi [fail]. a fruit cup consisting of pineapple, honeydew melon and cantaloupe.

After dinner [this is where the super fail comes in]: salt and vinegar chips. 1 glass of wine. 1 cup of raspberry lemonade tea.

Tuesday

Breakfast: plain bagel with low fat cream cheese. 1 cup of mint green tea.

Dinner: pasta with red sauce. 1/2 cup of vegetable soup. a fruit cup consisting of pineapple, honeydew melon and cantaloupe. diet pepsi [fail]. 2 chocolate chip cookies [double fail].

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment