Thursday, October 21, 2010

The good, the better and the flabby

The good

Oh, snap! Guess who woke up at 6:50 a.m. to go to the gym?

THIS GUY!

That's right. It was cold and dark and I still hopped into my spandex and made my way halfway around Ring Road to deliver myself unto the arms of cardio.

Granted, I was pretty lazy about it. Do you think I stretched? Nope. Maybe some weights, as is normally part of my routine? Pffft.

What I did do: 3 miles on the upright bicycle, 1 mile on the elliptical.

And that's all she wrote, folks!

The better

Apparently, I have a new gym buddy! I ran into my friend Brendan today and he was all about it. So we are going to meet at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning for our first day of gyming together.

Now the thing about gym buddies is that you go there separately most of the time, get there and say "HI!" and then go about your routines separately, say "BYE!" and go back to your rooms...separately. There really isn't much "buddy-ing" about it. Still, having it in your mind that this person expects you to be there is definitely a good motivator. I mean, my gym buddy today sadly didn't make it to our session. I was sorely tempted to run back to my bed, but I didn't. I was already there, so what the hay? [though I did run back to my bed directly following my gym sesh].

The flabby

So I took some PG-13 rated pictures of myself yesterday - for reasons that don't concern you :) - and I have to say, they didn't look too shabby! I would say that I am overall not unhappy with the current state of my body. But there is so much room for improvement. [Read: flab]. I hate stomach rolls. I HATE THEM. Gone are the days of my slender limbs and flat abs. As soon as I sit down, I have like 12 stomachs. It's pretty unbecoming. I feel very self conscious about it and I definitely want them to go away. Which is where my diet (er, lack thereof) comes in:

Wednesday

Breakfast: plain bagel with low fat cream cheese. 1 chocolate milk. 1 cup of mint tea.

Lunch: a few garlic bagel chips. 2 low fat string cheese(s) (?).

Dinner: 2 mini spring rolls. 1/2 of a Spicy Unagi Roll. 1/2 of a California Roll. 1/2 of a Crazy Roll. 1/2 of a Rock'n'Roll [hardy har har].

After dinner: STAFF TREATS!!! 1 piece of apple pie. 2 mini kit kats. 3 whoppers (the little malt ball candies. Not the BK burgers. I'm not THAT bad)

Wednesday = fail.

Thursday

Lunch: 1 maple glazed grilled chicken sandwich. 1 serving of sweet potato french fries. 12 oz of Dr. Pepper

Dinner: 1 bean and cheese chimichanga with sour cream. 2 cups of vegan blueberry cobbler.

Thursday = fail.

Hence, the flabby wins. Yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment