Sunday, October 10, 2010

Operation lose five pounds by halloween

A few things have recently come to my attention:

a) people actually read my blog. and enjoy it.
b) all of the work that i put into this summer has been undone. i am, yet again, completely out of shape and feeling wretched.
c) i need to get my ass back into gear.

i have good intentions, i swear! i always plan on going to the gym at 7 a.m. i set three alarms. i pep-talk myself before going to sleep. i try to go to sleep earlier. but when the alarms rear their ugly heads, i silence them and fall back into peaceful slumber.

of course, i always feel guilty.

i've also been eating like shit. i have tried to set some restrictions for myself: no more soda. no more eating after 10 p.m. less carbohydrates, more protein.

this is harder to follow than you would think.

but i'm done making excuses for myself. operation : lose 5 pounds by halloween is now in effect. i will do this. i have to do this. i have to prove to myself that i am capable of controlling my body and controlling what enters my body. i have to feel better about myself and i have to be proactive about it.

starting tomorrow.

i mean, it's midnight and i just ate cajun trail mix, so that obviously doesn't work.

here's my proposal. it is going to be realistic this time. i don't have the means or desire to work out every day like i was doing over the summer. too many other things going on.

- go to the gym 3x a week
- two other days of the week, go for a long walk. by myself or with friends. 5 mile minimum.
- NO SODA. no matter how delicious dr. pepper is, he just ain't worth it
- no snacking after 10 p.m. we mean it this time. it doesn't matter that you stay up until 3 in the morning. this shit has to end, girl.
- keep track of what i eat. so i can feel guilty when it sucks.
- start going to res. i really think this is one of my biggest issues. my fear of eating alone often has me eating crap from the carts. crap that isn't even satisfying or at all tasty. bring a book, suck it up, and go the cafeteria.
- try to get some biking in before the season ends.

tomorrow, i am going to go on a bike ride. i mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment