Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 89: punishment

Today was the first day since I've started my "one more mile" quest that the thought of going to the gym made me think "UGH." It was all too much: the heat, having to change into gym clothes, actually go to the gym and like, y'know, do stuff, and then shower afterwards. I felt too lethargic and most decidedly too unmotivated to make it happen. So instead, I opted for a leisurely afternoon of paper sorting and television. A fine choice.

I was supposed to go out to the Cape in the evening, but my plans were canceled. This may have something to do with karma for my laziness. Well, shit. Now I didn't have an excuse. I had to go exercise.

Around 11:30, my trusty steed and I exited the elevator and took to the Ring. We completed two laps around Ring Road and 2 laps around the Dell for a total of 6 miles.

I must say, this was not an easy ride. For a girl who bikes about 20 miles a week (which doesn't sound like much, when I think about it), I had a rough time this evening. I approached my first hill very slowly and with much difficulty. All of the hills seemed much more difficult than they had during my last...20 rides. Granted, it definitely takes me some time to get my muscles warmed up and loosened. And once they are, the ride becomes monumentally easier and more fluid. But I still find it mighty strange that after all of this time, a few little inclines have the ability to make me winded and sore and tired. Pathetic.

So thanks, higher powers, for punishing me for my laziness. It will not happen again.

PS: Going to take my bicycle to the doctor's today and see about the 5th and 6th gear not working properly. Also, I hope they can make my brakes unsqueaky. Warranty = best decision ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment