Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 88: hike'n'bike

Another ambitious start to the week!

I biked over to Retha's around 5 and waited for a bit, but no one was there, so I went around the rest of the Ring and down to the Dell before heading back. Perfect timing, because I was met by Retha, Mark & Katelyn just as they were heading off for a walk. I parked my bike and we walked down Old Westport, up Lucy Little and through a sneaky short cut that leads to the back of the Dell. We then walked up through the Dell and back to the Ring, back to Retha's.

After the 5 mile walk, I made sure to get the rest of my 6 mile bike ride in before I had to head back to my apartment for duty.

During my exercise stint for the day, I came to conclusion that I really hate exercise shorts. They suck. They ride up when you're biking and walking, causing some major thigh chafe-age. It's not cute. And it doesn't feel cute, either. I probably could have biked for a considerably longer time if my shorts would just stay in place. Sabotaging bastards!

****

Breakfast: 1 plum
Lunch: two vegetable eggrolls, 1 plum
Snack: 1 cup of Pepper Jack Cheez-Its (sooo good!)
Dinner: guacamole (two avocados, 1/2 white onion, 1 plum tomato, 2 tbsps of Pace medium salsa) with tortilla chips, 1 cup of cranberry juice

A delightful (albeit carb-y) menu for the day!

Tomorrow? The gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment