Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 81: of pampering and physical appearance

So Kate & I went for a four mile walk this evening.
As soon as returned, we gorged ourselves on far more than 4 miles worth of calories. Fail.
***

I've come to the conclusion that taking care of your physical appearance could be a full time job. If I had no other obligations or responsibilities, this could be my life:

6 am: wake up, stretch, head to yoga
6:15 am - 7:30: yoga class
7:30 am - 8:30 am: prepare and eat an organic, low fat breakfast
9:30 am - 11:30 am: go to the gym for cardio and weight training
11:30 am - 12:30 pm: prepare and eat an organic, low fat lunch
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm: shower, shave everything, put on makeup, do my hair, coordinate my outfits
2:30 pm - 5 pm: go to various appointments (tanning, plastic surgery, spa, manicure, salon)
5 pm - 6 pm: prepare and eat an organic, low fat dinner
6 pm - 7 pm: after dinner yoga and meditation
7 pm - 9 pm: take an indulgent bubble bath, complete with facial masks and rejuvenating products
9 pm - 10 pm: stretch and drink a mug of herbal green tea whilst reading something fluffy
10 pm: retire to beauty sleep

I mean, it doesn't sound all that bad. If I had no cares in the world, I may as well project all of my energy into making sure that I'm healthy and attractive. But this isn't realistic.

Typical schedule?

7 am: begrudgingly get up and go to gym with friend
7 am - 8:30 am: cardio and weight workout
8:30 am: high calorie/carby breakfast at res
9:30 - 10: rush to shower & throw hair back
10 - 12: work
12 - 12:30: rushed high calorie lunch at res
12:30 - 4: work
4 to 6:30: class
6:30-7: rushed dinner at res
7:30- 12: on duty, doing homework, attending a social event
2 am: force self to sleep even though self is crying for want of internetz

So, sorry, body. In the scheme of things, you get the shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment