Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 82: Clean Slate

I'm going to put the last 3 miserable days behind me (miserable in terms of lack of exercise/diet) and focus on the good stuff. For instance, today.

Retha and I had planned to go on our weekly after-work walk. I decided to bike over to her place, since she lives about half a mile away and biking is a much faster mode of transportation. I knocked a few times and waited and it seemed that no one was home. Since I didn't have my cell on me, I ended up doing a lap around the Ring and heading back to her apartment. Same story. No one home. I did another lap and then did a lap around the Dell before heading back to my apartment. During my ride, I had determined that I was going to go to the gym after dropping off my bike.

When I got back to my apartment, I realized that Retha had texted me and said that she didn't get out of work until 5. It was only 4:30 by that point, so I chilled until 5 ish and then walked over to Retha's. We ended up meeting up with Mark and the three of us completed two laps around the Ring and one lap around the Dell (same as my bike ride), bringing the total mileage for the day to:

Walking = 5.5 mi
Biking = 5.5 mi

Niiiiiice.

And, to top off such a lovely day of socializing and exercising, I've also been eating pretty well. The night is still young, though, so who knows....
***

Breakfast: 100 calorie Yoplait yogurt, 1 plum.
Lunch: 1 spicy black bean veggie burger, plain. 1 plum. 16 oz water.
Snack: New York Bagel seasoned bagel chips. My god, they are the devil incarnate. So delicious.
Dinner: black beans with parsley, creamed spinach and pasta all mixed together with feta cheese on top. 1 cup of mildly sweetened green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment