Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 79

I'll admit, I didn't do anything active on Tuesday.

And I'm surprised / pleased with the amount of guilt I felt. I think it's good that I feel bad about opting for sedentary activities. It means that I will never really let myself become a blob on a couch. And it means that I'm putting enough pressure on myself to feel accountable to my self. On the flip side, I know that it's okay for me to miss a day every now and then. It's not the end of the world and it won't magically expand my waist line. I still don't like it, but it is what it is.

Today, I headed back to the gym. I did the most military curls I've ever done! Last time I went, I could only do 6 in a row. Today, I knocked out 10 and then took a short break and then did another 5. It was pretty sweet. And my arms didn't shake nearly as much as they used to. I then proceeded to do the rest of my arm weights and added a few more repetitions per each machine. Perhaps I am actually getting muscles? Suh-weet.

After that, I headed over to the treadmill. I did .5 miles walking and then alternated .2 miles walking / .1 mile running for 2 miles. I realized that if I run at a pace of 5.4 instead of the 6.0 I was trying to do, my calves hurt less and I didn't lose my breath at all. Good to know.

Then I did 1 mile on the elliptical. The usual. Though I burned the most calories in that one mile than I have before. I must have been going faster or something.

Finally, I did 2 miles on the upright bike and then finished off with side crunches and a 15lb weight resistance.

I left the gym with a spring in my step and feeling good. It was nice to get back to the gym and have a successful workout. There really is nothing like going to the gym and getting your work-out-on. It feels damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment