Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 76:baby steps

Today, I went for my first legitimate bike ride of the week with Kate. I must admit that it was nice to have a break from biking and that I felt refreshed and ready to go at the start of this ride.

We did the same route as last time (the route we took when I was bitching my bitchy heart out) down Old Westport to Fisher to Russell Mills to Chase to Lucy Little and back to Old Westport.

Man oh man was it a gorgeous day out today. I was so happy to be outside enjoying the perfect temperature and lack of humidity.

About halfway through our ride, Kate said "I noticed you haven't been having any trouble with this route today." And it's true. I didn't really have any trouble. It was a really pleasant ride.

My bike has been doing something pretty funky since I got the flag tangled in my gears (whoops). It refuses to shift into gears 5 & 6 and keeps making a strange clicking sound. We stopped once to examine it and it looks like one of the spokes may be a little out of whack. I think I'm going to make good on my warranty and bring it to Dick's tomorrow to get it checked out. Though it didn't really effect my ride.

So anyway, I had a smooth time with this route. Lucy Little stole my breath for a moment and of course, Old Westport is a bitch no matter which way you look at it, but I was pretty proud of my progress - especially since I haven't gone on a long ride since last Thursday.

Oh, and distance? Around 13 miles. Perhaps next time we shall go the long way - all the way down Chase Rd and up Old Westport from the opposite side. But that hill scares me. I've done it once before and was not a fan. Baby steps.

I did miss going to the gym today. I definitely do not feel as good after a bike ride as I do after the gym. It might be a psychological thing. It might be legit. Who knows? All I know is that I'm definitely going there tomorrow before it closes for the weekend and I don't have a choice but to ride my bike. And probably exercise my elbow. Definitely exercise my elbow.
***

Of food and drink

Breakfast: two small blueberry muffins. 1 cup of iced green tea.
Lunch: 2 slices of honey ham. 1 nectarine. 1 cup of goldfish.
Dinner: (at panera) caeser salad, macaroni & cheese, piece of bread, Dr. Pepper (the best doctor there is).
After dinner: i made popcorn for the movie tonight (we're seeing inception), so i'll probably eat some of that. and maybe have some iced coffee while we're still at panera, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment