Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekly Update

Weekly Improve My Life update :)

Last year I made a list of 6 things that I wanted to work on on a weekly basis to improve my life. I thought it would be good to continue the trend of continuing these resolutions and reflecting on them.

 1) Reduce Stress: Work has been going really well and I've felt very on top of everything, leaving each day with all of my tasks completed, which is crazy. And while I know it's going to short lived, I am certainly embracing being able to leave each day feeling satisfied with my progress. On a personal note, my relationship came to a sad end as of Tuesday, which is both stressful and somewhat stress relieving -- so I guess that's a wash, overall.

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x a week: I've been doing a really good job of making good on this one! I have gone to the gym 3 times already this week and hope to go on Saturday and Sunday, as well. I even scraped together the motivation to go to the gym right after work today and bust out a good workout before heading home to get snowed in (unfortunately that was followed by some Chinese food). But still, I am happy with my workout regimen. And I am finally starting to see some changes in my shape, despite no change in weight. I am feeling more fit than I have in a very long time.

3) Make more conscious food choices: One of my biggest downfalls is definitely snacking at work or snacking in general. I try to keep busy so that I don't have too much time to get bored and snack, but it happens sometimes. I've been pretty okay this week. Certainly had my indulgences here and there, but not too bad as far as weeks go.

 4) Enjoy my hobbies: I have been neglecting extracurricular reading. I just haven't found any books that I am really looking forward to reading or want to read, which is sad. I definitely need to work on getting back into that! Same with crafting. I keep posting really neat things on Pinterest that I want to make, but haven't actually made of them. I DID play piano 2 times this week, so that's something. And I guess the gym is one my hobbies now? I also went to a concert on Wednesday.

 5) Keep my close friends close: I hope I'm doing a good job of that! It's hard to keep in touch with people who are scattered across the states, but I do make an effort to touch base every so often. And I truly appreciate all of the support they have given me the past week with my breakup blues.

6) Do what I can for my health: My mom would be so proud - I finally went to the dentist after 2 years of neglect! It was not fun, but I did it. I am really keen on dental care now and started a whole new regimen this week, so hopefully I can stick with that. And now I just need to make appointments for a PCP, lady doctor, and optometrist and I'll have caught up on all of my medical appointments. In general, I tend to be pretty healthy, but my job reminds me daily that health is SO important and even if I maintain my health, I should be more proactive in making sure I am taking care of my body as best I can.

So that's my week. Now, time to get snowed in and watch terrible terrible movies (starting with "Bad Teacher"). Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment