Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Picture Progress - August

It's been nearly a month since I posted my last picture update!

The last four weeks have been full of ups and downs. I took nearly a week off from fitness due to having a terrible case of sinusitis followed by a bad medication reaction, both of which drained me of all energy and air. The week directly after that was full of friend visits and lots of going out to eat.

The last week has been a complete 180. I have been exercising every day for the last 10 days at least once a day if not 2x. I have actually started to super enjoy and look forward to my daily workouts in a way that I never have before.

Videos in rotation:

- Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" - an oldie but goodie. 25 minute workouts, 3 levels, circuit training
- Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" - another circuit training, 35 minute workouts, 4 levels
- Biggest Loser "Cardio Max" - up to 50 minutes of 3 levels of cardio (I do the whole video for max results)
- Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" - up to 50 minutes of 3 levels of "sculpting" (I do the whole video)
- Jackie Warner "Power Circuit" - 40 minutes of intensive full body strengthening focusing on core muscle groups

I just ordered 6 more videos and can't wait to try them all out! Also going to invest in a kettle bell and some heavier weights.

And now, the results:

You may remember this sad sack: 1/9/12

Another view, 1/9/12

Definite progress as of 7/1/13

7/1/13

As of today 8/6/13

8/6/13

Just to prove to you that this is, indeed, me. 8/6/13
The results aren't totally drastic, for the aforementioned reasons, but I am definitely seeing some more muscle definition. Actually, the place I feel it the most is in my arms -- I should have flexed. Next time!

My back actually looks less in shape to me, but it could be the angle of the photo. I also see a huge difference in my hips (these pants did NOT fit me 1 month ago and now they are baggy at the hips) and my legs (I no longer hate my knees!).

I am super looking forward to seeing the photo progress one month from now. I better be able to keep this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment