Thursday, August 1, 2013

IML - A new month

Wow, it's August! Kids are already starting to prep for back to school and I feel like they just got out two weeks ago. Time flies when you're having fun :)

1) Do what needs to be done: Staying super on top of my bills. Just need to get my NC license and I will be golden. I went to the License Center on Tues hoping to get it taken care of and did not realize I would need the title for my car. Boooo waste of time.

New specs & sunlight
Have had several doctor's visits and established some primaries. Also had a Lasik eval and the doc advised I should wait another year before I get it, since my eyes are still changing. Kind of a bummer, but ended up getting some new glasses and will be having a fitting for contacts at the end of the month, which will be interesting.



2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x/wk: The last two weeks I have managed to just barely eke out 3 workouts/wk. Last week was particularly rough, with lots of chillaxin because I was pretty darn sick. I did do a bike ride on Saturday w/ my boy, which was fun (until he punctured his tire on some glass). Managed to get about 9 miles in before that fiasco.

Have decided to sign up for an all-female Tri with my roommate -- will be on September 22 and consists of:
- 250 yard swim
- 2 mile run
- 9 mile bike ride

A pretty nice beginner's Tri! I haven't been swimming in a really long time, so I need to start training for that and the running. Went for a run on Friday night and felt pretty good, minus shin splints. I think I did about a mile.

 

Post-run and feeling good!


This week is looking much more hopeful! I'm attempting to detox from a few day stretch of lots of eating out and little movement. Did the 30 DS on Tues, tried out Jackie Warner's 40 minute total body circuit last night, and did it again this morning -- hopefully to be followed by some of the Biggest Loser "Cardio Max" video tonight. Feeling good about this week so far!

3) Make more conscious food choices: I seriously don't even want to talk about this. Between Saturday and Tuesday, I probably ate out like 6 times.

"Detoxing" right now, starting yesterday. Had yogurt, kashi, and nectarine for breakfast and had a wedge of brie, dried apples, strawberries, and two slices of turkey for lunch. For dinner, made an egg white omelette w/ black beans, spinach, avocado, tomato, scallions.

Today is much of the same, methinks. Friday, will be going out for dinner for a birthday and hopefully the rest of the weekend will be spent cooking in and making smarter decisions.

Red velvet cream cheese cake balls were a bake sale success @ work!
4) Enjoy my hobbies: The last few weeks have been pretty crazy busy. I've been very social and spending a lot of time out and about, trying new things and visiting new places. I've also been on a really good reading kick and am currently reading 2 books. I've started reading every day during my lunch break, which is a nice change of pace for me. Been baking and cooking, as per usual.


My roomie said this cherry merlot cobbler was "better than sex"





5) Keep my close friends: I'm getting a little bit lost in the hustle and bustle of this life and not putting as much time and effort to keep in touch with people outside of the here and now. Need to work on that. Hoz visited this week, which was fun, and my parents will be coming up next weekend, so there's that. And thank god for GChat, a friendship saviour.

6) Do what I can for my health: Definitely started slacking on the tooth care this week and will need to pick that back up. Finally got over a 10 day stretch of being super sick and feeling lousy (which also accounts for some lack of exercising). Getting a good amount of sleep. Drinking a TON of water. Maintaining my exercise goal. Now all I need to do is be a big more dilligent with my "diet" and I'm golden!

Happy August!





No comments:

Post a Comment