Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monthly Progress

Another month, another progress update.

1) Reduce Stress: I don't know how this is possible, but I pretty much feel stress-free these days. I'm thinking I should enjoy this while it lasts.

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x/wk: Knocked it out of the park! Went for a 3 mi run on Monday, a 3 mi hike on Tues, a 2 mi walk and 15 mi bike ride on Wed, 6 mi at the gym on Fri, and 3 mi at the gym on Saturday. Niiiice. 

3) Make more conscious food choices: I did a lot of cooking this week and loved it! I whipped up some angel hair w/ sauteed veggies and grilled chicken, pepperjack spinach artichoke dip, and mussels a la vodka sauce this week...yum! I also had a few indulgences in going out to eat with friends/coworkers, but overall don't feel bad about my diet this week.

4) Enjoy my hobbies: I had a wonderful week -- went biking, hiking, visited with friends, shopped, cooked, watched some great movies, finished a novel, and am currently working on writing my own!

5) Keep my close friends close:  Had a DELIGHTFUL social week/end and looking forward to many more days of friends coming up soon! Definitely getting a little sentimental/sad about leaving New England.

6) Do what I can for my health: Keeping up my dental regimen and had a dentist visit this week, also started doing some tooth whitening. Got a lot of sleep and have definitely been pampering myself. Working out, getting sun, feeling good!

--

Monthly progress pics! As you may recall, starting pic:




Last month's pics (March 9, 2013):


And this month's pics:

Changes I see: my awesome tattoos!! I think my upper back (right under the bra) has smoothed out a bit...no more back rolls like I had in the first pictures! My arms are definitely getting more defined muscles. I think my stomach looks pretty much the same, but I'll keep considering it improvement if it doesn't go back to the way it used to look.

In terms of measurements, when I started my fitness journey I was at 32" waist, 38" bust, 45" hips.

As of yesterday, I'm at 31" waist, 38" bust, 43" hips. Not huge changes, but I'll take it. And despite the lack of changes in my clothing size, weight, and measurements, the way I feel these days is 1000" and lbs better than I did before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment