Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 92: gym buddy reunion!

At the crack of 6:30 a.m., I awoke to meet my favorite gym partner, Olivia, at the UMD gym across campus.

Long gone are the days when I can take the two second trek to the gym from Aspen. Instead, I must traverse half the ring to get there. Next time, I will try jogging - get my warm up in there and get my heart rate up!

We started off with weights, then did a mile on the upright bike, a mile on the rowing machine, a mile on the reclining bike and a mile on the elliptical.

None of it was too difficult, which is nice. I am hoping to get back into my groove right quick. We plan to go to the gym 3x a week, which is nowhere near as much as I was going over the summer, but so much better than what I've been doing recently.

After our workout, we gorged ourselves on delicious omelettes and hashbrowns. But our healthy intentions were there, no?

I think the hardest part of this year is going to be controlling my eating. My schedule is so erratic and I don't have the means to cook for myself - which means that I end up eating from the cart (ugh, I'm sick of cold sandwiches and salads already) or from Res (which is delicious, but not healthy). And then I'm up so late that I get cravings for milkshakes and pizza and other such junk food. In other words, college happens, people.

I just need to be conscious about what goes into my body and make sure that I'm making somewhat healthy choices. That Nutri-Grain commercial about starting with one good choice and making good ones for the rest of the day has certainly caught my eye and I remind myself of this every time I reach for my UMass Pass.

Tomorrow: the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment