Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 91: Back from hiatus!

My. God.

It has been far too long!

When I wrote "See you in September!" on Facebook a few weeks ago, I suppose I meant it literally.

I haven't been entirely sedentary, but mostly. Moving was absolutely a good work out. RA training....not so much.

Luckily, I am back in the groove.

Unluckily, it only took those few weeks for me to start feeling the nag of obesity and out-of-shape-ness loosening my once toned bod.

On this day 91, I went for my first bike ride since the day I moved to Pine Dale. Which was in August. Mid August.

Oh, bicycle, I missed you so!

I was planning on going up Chase Road and down Fisher, but once I got to Lucy Little, I knew that I didn't want to push myself too hard, so I went up Lucy Little and down to Old Westport Road. The bike ride wasn't super strenuous, but the last hill was kind of a killer. And it doesn't help that I still haven't taken my bicycle to the doctor [the gears don't shift properly].

I ended up doing 8 miles that way and then an extra lap around the Ring, for a total of 10 miles. Not too shabby for a flabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment