Friday, October 24, 2014

Week 3 Weigh In

Friends, I am not happy with my progress.

So here's the dealio : I was SO SO SO good for two weeks. And then I had company from Thursday to Tuesday and then again from Thursday to Sunday. I did alright during the first stretch. I stayed (mostly) true to my diet. I did a lot of hiking and walking and even managed to squeeze in a few Jillian workouts. But then the second round of company came and it all crashed down on me.

Granted, I DID run a 5k that Saturday. But I also ate shrimp & grits for brunch. And I drank more beer & wine than I have in a while. Oh, and then there was the Halloween party on Saturday night...you get the picture.

While I continued to get my steps in, it turned my diet on it's head. I gained back 2 of the pounds I had lost in the first week. I was back up to 144.2 by Sunday evening.

Lucky for me, I was able to turn it right-side-up on Monday. Since then, I've been incredibly diligent. I've done a video or extra steps or spin class every day since then. I haven't eaten after 9, indulged in any sugary drinks or sugary treats, or eaten any simple carbs. You would think that this change would kick-start my weight loss again, right?

Wrong.

The scale has read 144 every day since then, with the exception of this morning, when it read 145. UM, WHAT?!

I look satisfied, but the look is a lie!


I feel like I've been putting forth a pretty decent effort here, body.

I just don't really know what else to do. I want [need] to get those 5lbs off before November 4. Which means I have one more week to kick my own butt.

Next week I am doing two Airobic trampoline classes, a spin class, and whatever else it takes to burn fat and calories. For the last three days of the challenge, I will be doing a Jus by Julie cleanse. I know it seems pretty extreme. But I've heard good things about the cleanse -- that participants feel more energized and that they actually FEEL cleansed after drinking the juice meals for 3 days. And I'm hoping that maybe this will be just the kick in the pants my metabolism needs to right itself and get rid of those last 5 pounds.

So here's to hoping! The next week is going to be a tough one!

No comments:

Post a Comment