Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week One Weigh-In

I'm one week into the 30 day weight loss challenge and twelve days into Jillian's 30 Day Shred video series.

The last seven days have been full of snubbed free meals, surprising self-control, and lots of sweating.

That's not to say I didn't cheat. I did cheat. I cheated every day and sometimes multiple times a day. Some of the cheats were worth it. Some of them may not have been. But they happened and I take ownership of the cheats and I'm actually okay with them. The cheats don't do anything to anyone but me. I'm the only one I'm disappointing.

And the results are not terribly disappointing!

One week in and I am three pounds down and my ab cuts are finally starting to come back! I feel strong, I feel healthy, I feel more energized. I feel great.



I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the next three weeks of results will bring! Hopefully they will bring the scale under 139 so I can win some $$ from this challenge!

Here are some things I've done over the past week to help me reach this point thus far:

- I was successful in choosing tea over coffee every day this week. Until the weekend, when I was overcome with an urge for Starbucks. When I did indulge, I chose regular coffee with three pumps of pumpkin spice and skim milk -- definitely less terrible than a latte!

- I ate more frequently and I ate smaller portions. A typical day included an apple and peanut butter and a cup of tea for breakfast. A snack of a Baby Bel cheese around 10. Either deli meat or quinoa pizza bites for lunch. Assorted raw veggies as a snack around 2. A bunless veggie burger or soup or salad for dinner. I did not feel full but I did not feel hungry. I felt like I was eating the right amount and it felt good.

- I cut out desserts completely until the weekend. I didn't really miss them.

- I cut out alcohol. I had one glass of sangria on Saturday and that's it, despite many opportunities to have more.

- I did not eat after 9 p.m. I actually made good on that rule! It wasn't that hard! I just had to keep myself busy and keep drinking water.

More challenges will arise this week with more company and more parties. But I am determined.

'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment